- This event has passed.
MVNA Community Clubs Kick-Off Meeting
September 8 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
A Pew survey of 2,303 Americans reported that 75% of them are members of an average of 3.51 groups (i.e., clubs, church organizations, trade groups…) (1).
- Being engaged in community clubs provides several benefits:
- Meeting neighbors who share common interests
- The joy of learning from each other
- Boost mental fitness and overall well-being
- Increased sense of community
Because of the many benefits of belonging to clubs, your Mar Vista Neighborhood Association (MVNA) is increasing the number of clubs in our community. Based on feedback gleaned from this year’s Block Party, 11 clubs generated significant interest:
- Butterflies, Birds, & Garden Safety & Security
- Movie Club Book Club
- Bowling Club Cycling
- Arts & Crafts (For Adults) Walking
- Arts & Culture Appreciation Tennis
- Board Games
To join a club OR to learn more, come to our Community Club Kick-off Meeting!
What we’ll do is:
- Clarify how much interest is in each club
- Discuss the purpose of each club
- Select a club captain
- Determine how to stay in touch (e-mail, Facebook group…)
- Decide where and when to conduct the first “formation meeting”